- Backup your wallet.dat via File -> Backup Wallet in the Ember Wallet, in multiple locations.
- Turn off your old wallet.
- Make sure it is off by hitting ctrl-shift-esc and looking for Ember-qt, and after 30 seconds, right click, end task.
- Backup peers.dat
- Replace the %appdata%\Ember\ folder with these contents: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B4PPmqI-4mwSVjJLU1UxRGtwaXM
- Replace wallet.dat into %appdata%\Ember\
- Extract the new Ember-Qt file where you will want it (desktop or program files).
- Double click on the new client.
- Wait at least overnight to pickup clients.
- That's it! Enjoy your stakes!
If you have problems:
- You may be told about a ".lock" file. You will find it in %appdata%\Ember.lock Delete it and make sure the old client is not running
- You may be told "it's already running" You need to make sure the old client is actually off. You may need to ctrl-shift-esc to close the process manually
What You Want to Know
- Your staking will NOT change nor reset
- We implemented the bugfix via OpenSSL's CBigNum class primarily and block finessing DoS
- Continual Compounding Interest implemented and tested. Math.
- Rate reduction implemented and tested. Begins Nov. 1st at 0:00 UTC until exactly 3 days later, when the rate will be 720%. A year from Nov. 1st on 2018, it will be 72%. A year later on Nov. 1st 2019, it will be 7.2%
- Removing IRC. To be fair, you were great. It's such a shame that every AV hates you so much. Ahh the 90's
- Autoupdater removed
- No AV hits due to the previous removals
- Actually close when you exit. Takes 1-30 seconds. Wait for it patiently or risk corruption.
- Stability improvements
- Some slight tweaks to socket handling speed
- UPNP fixed, and new API version targeted and new code
- NEW OSes SUPPORTED! (MacOS, Linux)
- Coming very soon! RaspberryPI, Emberd core builds